Become one of our Spotlight Book Clubs!
Email us at email@example.com with a picture of your book group and description of what makes your reading group unique.
If your book club is chosen, we will send you and your group a box of books to share!
We are a group of 7 Apex High School teachers, Apex, NC: some retired, some not. Our book club is unique for a number of reasons, among them:
1) we don't have a name---we're just "Book Club";
2) we meet monthly at a member's house and our hostess often provides refreshments related to the book read, e.g. for Jonathan Lethem's Motherless Brooklyn, our hostess served White Castle hamburgers;
3) we take trips together, e.g. Biltmore House and Saxapahaw (The above is an Asheville photo.);
4) many of us have known each other for quite some time and have watched our children grow up, finish high school at Apex High, finish college, begin careers and start their own families...some taught each other's children;
5) we have a familial feeling when it comes to sharing each other's lives lives and interests over books, and yet we bring quite diverse perspectives to our discussions which generates a realistic type of "sisterhood," sometimes we agree and sometimes we don't; and
6) we enjoy reading a wide variety of books---in short, our interests are diverse and eclectic!
We are in our fourth year and expect to delight in many more years!